Lawson are delighted to market this beautifully appointed well maintained Edwardian family home situated in a quiet, elevated location just a short walk from all amenities and regular transport links. The property has well-tended accommodation arranged over two floors comprising; a flight of external steps leading to composite front door leading to an entrance vestibule; with coat hooks and stained glass inner door to the main hallway; with wood effect flooring, carpeted stairs to the first floor, polished handrail, painted newel post and spindles, under stairs storage cupboard housing the electric meter and fuse board, door to the cloakroom; with a low level w.c, pedestal wash hand basin. Door to the dining room with PVCu double glazed French doors to the rear garden, a feature fireplace with cast iron insert, wooden surround and granite hearth, opening through to the sitting room; with a large bay window to the front elevation, decorative moulded ceiling, feature cast iron fireplace with wooden surround and mantel.
From the hallway a door opens to the kitchen which is fitted with a matching range of base and eyelevel storage cupboards, post formed and roll top worksurfaces, a one and a half bowl stainless steel sink drainer unit with mixer tap, tiled splashbacks, fitted electric Hotpoint oven, four burner gas hob, stainless steel filter canopy, space for fridge/freezer, integrated dishwasher and wall mounted gas fired combination boiler.
From the main hallway stairs ascend to the first-floor landing with a window to the rear elevation, dado rail and a pull down loft hatch giving access to the boarded attic with power and light, a large built-in storage cupboard with slatted shelving and a door to bedroom one; a spacious double with a window to the rear elevation and picture rail. Bedroom two a further double with a window to the front elevation and picture rail. Bedroom three a single with a window to front and picture rail.
The family bathroom is fitted with a matching four-piece suite comprising; tile enclosed bath with telephone style mixer tap, tiled splashbacks, low level w.c, pedestal wash hand basin, oversized shower cubicle with a folding glass screen and direct feed shower unit, tiled flooring, window to the side elevation and spotlights.
Externally, the front garden is gravelled for ease of maintenance and the house is approached via a flight of concrete steps with a handrail. A particular feature of the property is its beautifully appointed courtyard garden which is attractively paved with natural flag stones, a gateway to the rear service lane, outside light and outside tap, useful utility cupboard; with plumbing for a washing machine. The property has the benefit of PVCu double glazing and gas fired central heating via the wall mounted combination boiler. An internal viewing is highly recommended.
LOWER COMPTON The earliest evidence of man in Compton, is from around 3000 BC. At this time, Neolithic stone axes which have been found in Compton. In 1086 the Doomsday book had an entry for Compton. Compton is mentioned in 1238 as it was on the route to the new Plym Bridge. By 1730 Compton was part of the Culme estate, with a population of around fifty. Hereafter, Compton began to grow. At this stage there were not many buildings, of these The Compton Inn is probably the oldest, with walls up to four feet thick, it was an old farmhouse, then a granary, a tanners and a cobblers shop. One of two other local pubs, The Rising Sun, has a great reputation amongst locals, as a "gastro pub". At the turn of the century the bustling little village was still mainly agricultural, with cows, market gardens, sheep, goats, pigs and horses still in evidence. Lower Compton, in particular, still has a very, "village like" ambience. Compton now offers a Tesco Express store, a post office, a DIY store, a bakery, hairdressers and Co-Op store. In 1896 Compton was incorporated into the Plymouth district. It has always been an extremely popular suburb, neighboring the highly sought areas of Mannamead and Hartley on its South west, west and north western boundaries. From the early 1900s onward, Lower Compton had a school. Rebuilt in the 1970's, Compton C of E Primary School is considered, by many, to be one of the best in Plymouth.
PLYMOUTH Plymouth is a city with one of the largest natural harbours in the world. To the north is the Dartmoor National Park extending to over 300 square miles which provides excellent recreational facilities. Plymouth itself has a population of well over 250,000 and has a full range of shopping, educational and sporting facilities. There is a mainline train service to London Paddington and to Penzance in Cornwall. Brittany Ferries operates seasonal services from Plymouth to France and northern Spain.
ACCOMMODATION Reference made to any fixture, fittings, appliances or any of the building services does not imply that they are in working order or have been tested by us. Purchasers should establish the suitability and working condition of these items and services themselves.
SERVICES Mains water, gas, electricity and mains drainage.
VIEWING By appointment with LAWSON.
OUTGOINGS We understand the property is in band ' B ' for council tax purposes and the amount payable for the year 2020/2021 is £1466.00 (by internet enquiry with Plymouth City Council). These details are subject to change.
FLOOR PLANS AND ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE These Floorplans are set out as a guideline only and should not be relied upon as a representation of fact. They are intended for information purposes only and are not to scale. The Energy Performance Certificates are produced by an external source and Lawson do not accept responsibility for their accuracy. Copyright Lawson 2020.C2925